3 Ingredient Vegan Chocolate Mousse
We love this simple, 3-ingredient chocolate mousse recipe... it's easy to make, it's dairy-free and it's delicious!
The secret ingredient that makes this recipe super fluffy is Aquafaba - Aqua-what-now?! Quite simply, aquafaba is the left-over water in a can of chickpeas... so don't drain your chickpeas and throw that water away - save it! It makes an excellent egg-replacer in all sorts of recipes. 3 tablespoons of aquafaba is equivalent of one egg, and can be used in baking, pancakes, meringues, mayonnaise, and more!
Not only is it a healthier alternative to eggs, but it is also vegan-friendly, and great for those who have an egg-allergy, or are looking to lower their cholesterol. We hope you give this delicious recipe a try!
- 1/2 cup aquafaba (the water from a tin of chickpeas)
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 200g dairy-free chocolate, melted
- Berries to serve, we love raspberries & strawberries
1. Add your sugar and aquafaba to a large bowl, and whisk for approx 10-15 minutes until it becomes thick and creamy.
2. Melt your chocolate, and then gently stir this into the whipped mixture in your bowl.
3. Let this set in the fridge for 10-15 minutes.
4. Serve into dishes and top with your favourite fruits! Enjoy!