Participation in the No Meat May challenge, including all content published in the group, i.e. questions and answers, explanations and tips - is not a substitute for professional counselling (nutritional, medical or other). Responsibility to eat a healthy, balanced diet rests exclusively with you, the participant.
The No Meat May team will not be held accountable for any health problem or other issue which can occur as a result of bad nutrition or conduct during my participation in the No Meat May challenge. The nutritional information shared as part of the event is general and cannot take into account specific conditions or personal requirements of each participant.
The No Meat May challenge, in itself, cannot be an exclusive framework for people with special health/nutritional/psychological needs, such as eating disorders, gastrointestinal or digestive diseases, bariatric surgery and pregnancy. In these cases, it is highly recommended to get additional personal counselling with an appropriate healthcare professional, in place of or in addition to participation in the No Meat May challenge.
Terms related to your use of the website
Our Agreement deals with what you must do, what we agree to do, how we deal with each other's content and intellectual property, what you must not do, our liability, your liability, privacy obligations and other matters. Some of the capitalised terms used in these Terms and Conditions are defined elsewhere in Our Agreement.
What is "Our Agreement" and who does it cover?
2. Our Agreement comprises:
(a) these terms and conditions;
(c) policies, notices and disclaimers displayed elsewhere on the No Meat May Website; and
(d) the Payment Terms.
3. Our Agreement governs our relationship with:
(a) registered participants of No Meat May (we call you Participants); and
(b) people who make donations (Donors) through the No Meat May Website (Donations), place an order for any purchase through the No Meat May Website (Purchase Order), or otherwise access or use the No Meat May Website (together, we call you Website Users).
Our Agreement also governs the relationship between Participants and any companies and brands who may sponsor No Meat May (we call them Partners).
4. If you are a Participant you agree to Our Agreement at the time you create an account with us.
5. If you are not a Participant but you make a donation, are a Donor or place a Purchase Order or you are otherwise a Website User, you agree to Our Agreement at the time you access and use the No Meat May Website (including to make a Donation or place a Purchase Order). You enter into a separate agreement each time this occurs.
6. It is your responsibility to ensure that you understand and agree to Our Agreement. You must read these terms and conditions carefully. Some of the terms used in Our Agreement are defined throughout these terms and conditions or at the end.
7. If you are a Participant, you must read and agree to Our Agreement before you tick the accept box.
8. If you are not a Participant you must read and agree to Our Agreement before you proceed at any time to access and use the No Meat May Website (including to make a Donation or place a Purchase Order).
9. If you do not agree to any term or condition of Our Agreement (including any disclaimer displayed elsewhere or the Payment Terms) you must not continue to:
(a) have an account as a Participant;
(b) make any Donation;
(c) place any Purchase Order; or
(d) otherwise access or use No Meat May or the No Meat May Website.
10. If you have any questions or wish to clarify any term in Our Agreement, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How can Our Agreement change?
Participants must have accounts
15. It is your responsibility to act responsibly as a Participant.
16. You must keep your account information up to date with us. We require this to be able to identify you, to contact you as permitted under Our Agreement and for security purposes.
17. If you choose to use a workplace email address for your account or to access the No Meat May Website, you are responsible for ensuring that such use complies with any rules, policies or protocols which apply to the use of the Internet in your workplace.
18. If you allow someone else to use your account, you are liable under Our Agreement for any act or omission by them which may breach Our Agreement.
20. You acknowledge and agree:
(b) that Your Content which you share or post on or make available to the No Meat May Website will be publicly viewable. You should exercise discretion in deciding what content and information you upload to the No Meat May Website.
Communications with you
You should read this if you are outside Australia
What we will do
29. Where required by law, we will notify you and relevant authorities in the event of a serious security breach that affects your personal information.
Your content and intellectual property
31. In order for us to make No Meat May available in our desired format and structure and for us to provide the functions we wish on the No Meat May Website, we must be able to use certain types of Your Content in certain ways. Therefore, you give us non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use, reproduce, modify or adapt the intellectual property in Your Content to:
(a) enable you to share Your Content on the No Meat May Website;
(b) share Your Content on the No Meat May Website and through emails or SMS with other Participants or donors;
(c) enable you to access and use the No Meat May Website;
(d) make and distribute marketing material in relation to No Meat May which includes Your Content at anytime (including after Our Agreement is terminated);
(e) back up the data on the No Meat May Website;
(f) ensure your compliance with Our Agreement; and
(g) comply with any obligation we have under in relation to No Meat May, the No Meat May Website and/or Your Content.
32. You provide us with consent under any moral rights you have in Your Content to do any of the above.
33. When you remove Your Content it may persist in backup copies on our systems for a reasonable period of time but will not be available to others.
About us sharing our content and intellectual property with you
About other people's content and intellectual property
Things you must do (to keep No Meat May and the No Meat May Website appropriate and working properly)
(a) if you are a Participant, make any Donations or place any Purchase Orders you will comply with all applicable laws in doing so;
(b) you will comply with all applicable laws in relation to your access to and use of the No Meat May Website (including but not limited to duties and obligations of confidentiality and privacy);
(c) you will not send or otherwise post unauthorised or unsolicited commercial communications to users (such as spam) through No Meat May or the No Meat May Website;
(d) you will not directly promote or advertise any goods or services through No Meat May or the No Meat May Website without our consent;
(e) you will not use No Meat May or the No Meat May Website to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory;
(f) you will not use No Meat May or the No Meat May Website in a way, or post to or make available via No Meat May or the No Meat May Website any material, which interferes with other users or defames, intimidates, harasses, threatens, menaces or offends any person or which inhibits any other user from using or enjoying No Meat May or the No Meat May Website or which is indecent, violent, inflammatory or pornographic material or material in any way offensive that could give rise to civil or criminal proceedings;
(g) you will not solicit or collect other peoples information through No Meat May or the No Meat May Website, or otherwise access the No Meat May Website using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our permission;
(h) you will not tamper with, hinder the operation of, or make unauthorised modifications to the No Meat May Website;
(i) you will not knowingly transmit any virus or other disabling feature to or via No Meat May or the No Meat May Website;
(j) you will not frame or mirror or link to any part of the No Meat May Website without our prior written consent;
(k) you will not post content or take any action on the No Meat May Website that infringes someone else's rights;
(l) you will not attempt any of the above acts or permit another person to do any of the above acts.
39. You are solely responsible for Your Content that you provide to or make available on the No Meat May Website.
40. You must immediately notify us if you become aware or have a reason to believe any other Participant or Website User is doing any acts that contravene clause 37 above
Specific terms for Participants
(a) you will not provide any false personal information to No Meat May or on the No Meat May Website, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission;
(b) you will notify us immediately if the security of your account has been compromised or if your identification details for your account become known by a third-party; and
(c) you will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardise the security of your account.
About Links on the No Meat May Website
43. Links to Linked Websites, and the advertisement of any third parties, should not be construed as any endorsement, approval, recommendation, or preference by No Meat May of them or their goods/services. To the extent permitted by law, we take no responsibility and have no liability in relation to them and your use or reliance on these is at your own risk.
What we can do if you do not comply with Our Agreement
(a) conduct risk management, cyber security or fraud protection activities to investigate your violation and mitigation the impact of your violation;
(b) stop providing the No Meat May Website to you (including preventing you from making a Donation or placing a Purchase Order);
(c) remove (including destroy) any of Your Content;
(d) suspend, disable or terminate your account with No Meat May (if you are a Participant); and/or
(e) terminate Our Agreement.
We can undertake these acts immediately. We will endeavour to notify you as soon as possible if we undertake any of the actions in paragraphs (b) to (e) of this clause 44.
45. If, after receiving a notice from us under clause 44, you believe we undertook any acts under clause 44 by mistake, we will use reasonable effort to give you an opportunity to provide us with an explanation or reason as to why and we will consider your explanation or reason.
Other ways for termination of Our Agreement
47. You may terminate Our Agreement and, if you are a Participant, your account with No Meat May at any time without any reason by notice to us.
48. Clauses 18, 19, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 45, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 and 70 and any other clauses which are express to (or by their nature) survive termination, will still apply after termination of your account and/or Our Agreement. Termination of Our Agreement does not affect your or our rights or liabilities that have accrued prior to the date of termination.
You must read these disclaimers on safety, security and availability carefully
50. We do not undertake that we will, at all times, control or monitor the truth, accuracy, completeness, safety, timeliness, quality, appropriateness, legality or applicability any content, information or communications by Participants or Website Users via No Meat May or the No Meat May Website. You use and rely on any such content, information or communications at your own risk, and acknowledge that it is provided "as is".
51. You must provide at your own expense, all hardware, software or any other equipment necessary to access the Internet or otherwise enable you to be a part of No Meat May as a Participant or access or use the No Meat May Website. The ability for you to be a part of No Meat May as a Participant or access or use the No Meat May Website will be dependent on your hardware, software and network infrastructure as well as shared infrastructure of the Internet and our security processes.
52. The Internet is sometimes unreliable and is a difficult medium to secure. We cannot guarantee the security or availability of No Meat May or the No Meat May Website or the systems (including the Internet and your hardware and software) used to access the No Meat May Website, or any information that passes through such systems. However, we do agree to use all reasonable endeavours to ensure the security of No Meat May or the No Meat May Website in accordance with our obligations at law.
53. To the extent permitted by law, we are not responsible for any unauthorised access to your personal information or loss of or corruption of data caused by any third-party or via any third-party system. This does not restrict, modify or exclude any statutory rights or remedies you may have in relation to such claims which cannot be lawfully excluded or modified, including any rights and remedies under the Australian Consumer Law or applicable privacy laws.
54. We may need from time to time to make the No Meat May Website unavailable and/or withdraw or limit access to the No Meat May Website in order to effect changes to, remedy any faults in, or conduct maintenance on the No Meat May Website.
We limit our liability to you
Your liability to us
(a) your breach of Our Agreement;
(b) Your Content;
(c) your infringement, of any intellectual property or other right of any person (including by our use and publication of Your Content);
(d) your fraudulent, wrongful or negligent acts or omissions; or
(e) your access to and use of the No Meat May Website other than in accordance with the terms of Our Agreement.
Other contract terms
66. Our Agreement makes up the entire agreement between Participants and Website Users and us and supersedes any prior agreements.
67. If any portion of Our Agreement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
68. If we fail to enforce any of Our Agreement, it will not be considered a waiver.
69. You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under Our Agreement to anyone else without our consent.
70. All of our rights and obligations under Our Agreement are freely assignable by us.
Last modified on 1st Feb 2022