Chocolate Orange Bliss Balls
Recipe by Maria-Carin Gala | Galas Organic Kitchen
Not just another bliss ball recipe - this gluten-free recipe from Galas Organic Kitchen is absolutely worth making, even if you’ve already made all the other bliss ball recipes in the world!
The creaminess of the cashews combined with the sweet dates and sexy cacao is just to die for. The orange is optional, but absolutely necessary in our opinion!
Cashews are a good source of copper, magnesium, and manganese - important for brain health, immunity and energy. Cacao is an absolute powerhouse when it comes to antioxidants - with 40 x the antioxidants of blueberries. It's also full of iron and magnesium, and has been shown to help lower blood pressure and improve blood flow.
So as well as being incredibly healthy, these balls are so easy to make, and so yummy too! You can even make these a more grown-up affair, instead of the water add a dash of your favourite spirit...
- 1 cup raw organic cashews
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1 pinch salt
- Lots of vanilla
- 1/2 cup or about 8 medjool dates
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Cacao or coconut, for rolling
- Rind of 1 orange (optional, but absolutely wonderful!)
1. Melt the coconut oil.
2. Mix the dry ingredients in a food processor, then add the dates without pips, and the rest of the ingredients.
3. Process everything nicely.
4. With wet hands form little bliss balls and optionally roll in cacao or finely ground coconut snow.
5. Cool in the fridge and enjoy, mmmmmhhh!
Tip: If you want to try something different, add a few goji berries or cranberries. This is a recipe that can handle sneaking in a few 'superfoods' such as a tablespoom or maca powder, or even some protein powder.