Sri Lankan Kale & Coconut Salad
This gorgeous Sri Lankan Kale & Coconut Salad by life long vegetarian and good friend Dharshini, makes for a tasty lunch, but is also a welcome addition to your avocado on toast or a stack of zuccini fritters!
Kale is a powerhouse veggie to add to your plant-based diet - bursting with fibre, vitamin C and selenium. Full of anti-inflammatory properties, it's also great for keeping your bones healthy and your cholesterol in check!
- Olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- ½ cup Curry Leaves
- Chilli flakes to taste
- 1 large bunch chopped Kale
- 2 cups desiccated Coconut
- Generous pinch Salt
- Lemon juice to serve
1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Fry the onion, then add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves and chilli flakes and stir well to combine.
2. Add the chopped kale, gently stir in and allow to soften, then add the desiccated coconut, a generous pinch of salt and stir well.
3. Once ready to serve squeeze over your lemon juice. Add to toast, fritters or enjoy alone!