Fruity Bread & Berry Pudding
Our fruity take on classic bread & butter pudding, really hits the spot with delicious spices of cinnamon, nutmeg & all spice. Plus, it's a great way to get those antioxidant-rich berries in!
Topped with crushed walnuts, and served with coconut yoghurt or soy ice cream, it's a real decadent treat!
- 2.5 cups of Soy Milk
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar
- 1 tsp All Spice
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 8 pieces of Wholegrain Wholemeal Bread (4 pieces toasted, 4 fresh)
- 1 cup of crushed Walnuts
- 3 cups of Mixed Berries
- 1/4 cup Chia Seeds
- 1/4 cup Coconut shavings (optional)
1. Heat milk over low-medium heat and stir in sugar, and spices until all dissolved.
2. Cut the crusts off the bread and cut each piece into quarters.
3. Layer up your pudding in a med-large sized casserole pot, fresh bread, walnuts, berries, chia seeds, toasted bread, then pour over 1/4 of the spiced milk.
4. Add another layer, berries, chia seeds, walnuts, fresh bread, toast and pour over evenly the rest of the spiced milk.
5. Blend some of the crusts into breadcrumbs and sprinkle over the top of the pudding.
6. Add walnuts and coconut shavings, then place a lid on the pot and bake in the oven for 30 mins on 180 celsius.
7. Serve with ice cream and your fave fresh berries!
Top Tip: Save the leftover bread crusts in your freezer to use as breadcrumbs! 😉