Thai Tofu 'Fish' Cakes
These Thai Tofu Fish Cakes from one of No Meat May faves Dee Kittimorakul of Kindness Cafe, are so fresh and full of flavour - they are the real deal!
Using Tofu as an alternative to fish, provides you with some super plant-based protein, along with fibre, iron and calcium. It is also natually low in fat.
- ½ block Firm Tofu (around 225g)
- 1 Tbsp Red Curry Paste
- ½ cup Green Beans (sliced thin)
- Kaffir Lime Leaf (sliced thin)
- 1 Tbsp Corn Flour
- ½ Tbsp Tapioca Flour
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Raw Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1. Wrap tofu in a clean tea towel and press to remove excess liquid.
2. Crumble Tofu into small pieces by hand.
3. Slice Green Beans & Kaffir Lime leaf thinly.
4. In a small bowl add tofu with Curry Paste, Beans, Kaffir Lime Leaf and mix well.
5. Add Corn Flour, Tapioca, Sugar & Olive Oil and mix altogether by hand squeezing all the flavours together.
6. Pack and press mixture tightly into an egg ring so it holds together, then remove ring and prepare another ‘fish’ cake, and another until all the mixture is used.
7. Cook on medium heat for 8-10 mins, carefully turning each cake half way.
8. Serve with your favourite sauce - we love sweet chilli!