Red Thai Curry
There is nothing more satifying than making your favourite dishes at home, and adding your own twist. This delicious Red Thai Curry recipes allows the flexibility for you to add your favourite vegetables/or what's in season. Also great if you have some left over veggies in the fridge you're not sure what to do with. Tofu absorbs all the flavours of the Thai paste, providing a tasty portion of protein, whilst lychee and pineapple add a delicious sweetness. We promise you'll love this authentic Thai dish!
- 200ml Coconut Milk or Cream
- 1 Tbsp Red Curry Paste (we love the Kindness Cafe Blend, available here in Australia)
- 2 Kaffir Lime Leaves
- 1Tbsp Palm Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Pineapple, cubed
- 1/2 Cup Lychees
- 1/4 Red Pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp Thai Red Chilli, thinly sliced
- 2 Handfuls of Thai Basil
- Block of firm tofu, cubed
Add extra veggies of your choice - we love:
- Green Beans
1. To a pan add your coconut milk and bring to the boil. Then add your red curry paste, and stir to combine over a medium heat.
2. Add in your Kafir lime and continue to stir, then add in the palm sugar and soy sauce. Add further milk/cream if needed.
3. Into the sauce, add your choice of vegetables and the cubed tofu and allow to cook for a couple of minutes. Then add to the pan lychees and pineapple, and allow to cook for a further few minutes to heat through.
4. Finally add in the red pepper, red chilli and Thai basil. Stir to combine and heat for a further few minutes.
5. Serve your curry with warm brown rice, and top with some extra basil. Enjoy!