Red Lentil Dahl
Packed full of nutrients and high in protein, this Red Lentil Dahl is sure to become a staple addition in your go-to recipe collection. Super simple to make, this Dahl recipe is great for bulk cooking and meal prep. Packed with veggies and high-protein lentils, this recipe is high in fibre (to stay regular 😉) and will keep you fuller for longer! Lentils are great for lowering cholesterol and blood pressure, and provide potassium, folate and iron! We just know you'll find this dahl tasty and satisfying!
- 2 Cups Red Lentils
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Large Tomato, chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 1-2 Chillies (optional)
- 50g Baby Spinach
- 1 Cup Coriander, chopped
- 1 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Tsp Brown Mustard Seeds
- 1 Tsp Turmeric
- 1 Tsp Salt
- Olive Oil
- 5 Cups of Water
You can add extra veggies of your choice to bulk out the dahl even more - we love:
1. To a deep pan add your lentils, onion, tomato, salt, turmeric, and 5 cups of water. Mix and simmer over a medium-heat.
2. In a seperate frying pan, add some olive oil and then your cumin seeds, brown mustard seeds, garlic, and chillies (if using), and fry this for a few minutes until fragrant, then add in to your lentil mixture.
3. Finally add your spinach and coriander, and stir well. Season if required, then simmer until the lentils are tender - approx 20 mins.
4. Serve with warm brown rice or homamade flat breads, and top with some fresh coriander and a squeeze of lime. Enjoy!
Stored in an airtight container, your dahl should last up to 5 days in the fridge.