Thai Jackfruit & Chickpea Curry
We love this delicious Thai Curry from Kindness Cafe's Dee Kittimorakul. Jackfruit & Chickpeas combine together to make a wonderful "meaty" and fresh thai curry.
Jackfruit is a tropical fruit grown in parts of Asia, Africa and South America. It's sweet flavour means it's regulary used as a "pulled pork" alternative in plant-based dishes, and it's great for adding a boost of fibre to your meals. Chickpeas bring the plant-based protein and keep your feeling full!
- 1 tsp Chilli Oil
- 1 Tbsp Red Curry Paste
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes (cut in half)
- 300g Jackfruit (1 can) – squeeze out excess water to ensure meaty texture!
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- ½ can Chickpeas
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Vietnamese Mint
1. Mix Chilli Oil with Red Curry Paste in a pan over medium heat (adjust measurements to make more or less hot).
2. Chop Cherry Tomatoes in half and add to the pan stirring thru the curry paste and oil.
3. Add the Jackfruit & Soy sauce and stir through.
4. Add the Chickpeas, Water and Sugar and stir well over medium heat for 5 minutes or until chickpeas soften.
5. Stir through the Vietnamese Mint.
6. Serve with rice and enjoy!